Applications for Traditional Owner Directors for GIPL Board open from 8 September.
Gumala Aboriginal Corporation (GAC), the Shareholder of GIPL, which acts as the Trustee of the General Gumala Foundation, requires 3 Traditional Owner Directors (one from each of the three Gumala language groups) for appointment to the GIPL Board.
The successful candidates will serve a 5-year term commencing in November 2023.
To be eligible to apply, you must be a:
- Recognised Banjima, Yinhawangka or Nyiyaparli Traditional Owner; and
- Not a director of GAC; and
- Not involved in the day-to-day operations of GAC.
Please note that this is a demanding and vitally important role and as such requires committed and diligent applicants due to the nature of the Trust. A desirable applicant would possess one or more of the following:
- A professional qualification in either Law, Finance or Business Management related disciples; and/or
- Previous experience in or as a Director of a Corporation or Trustee of a Charitable Trust.
Applicants who meet only some of the above criteria are nevertheless encouraged to apply and should provide three referees from well-regarded individuals or organisations, at least one of whom is Indigenous.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST CLOSE 5PM THURSDAY, 28 SEPTEMBER 2023
Please email email@example.com your application, which will include your resume, references, Director ID and statement addressing the above eligibility and desirable criteria.
Note: To be appointed as a director you must provide a valid Director ID number or proof that you have applied for a Director ID number.
Any queries you can call (08) 9219 4500 and ask to speak to our Governance Advisor, Dana Bastholm.