RIO TINTO’S Apprenticeship Intakeeyecue
RIO TINTO is offering support to Traditional Owners who would like to apply for upcoming apprenticeship opportunities for the RTIO Apprentice campaign later in the year. Support will be offered to create a resume; and the Rio team is keen to share information about the recruitment process, explain the various types of apprenticeships and let you know what you can do in the next 6 months to be more competitive.
Traditional Owners are encouraged to contact the team so that they can start working with you now to get ready for the campaign to optimise your chances.
Rio Tinto’s four-year Apprenticeship programme provides an opportunity to gain on-the-job experience at Rio’s world-class operations whilst working towards a nationally recognised trade qualification in a number of key trade areas including:
- Mobile Equipment Mechanic – Heavy duty
- Mechanical Fitter – Fixed plant
To be considered for a position at one of the residential or fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) sites, you must:
- Be fit for work;
- By 2018 – Be aged 17 years (residential) or 18 years (FIFO) or older;
- By 2018 – Hold a current C class manual WA driver’s licence with a minimum of red P plates; and
- Reside in one of residential towns or at one of our FIFO commute locations for the duration of the programme.
Preference will be given to candidates who have successfully completed a pre-apprenticeship or related certificate I or II qualification, undertaken relevant work experience, and are able to demonstrate mechanical aptitude and a genuine interest in their chosen trade area.
Call: 08 6213 9333